Flowstate is harnessing the capabilities of big data and machine learning to build innovative software solutions for pipeline leak detection. Collaborating closely with industry experts, we work to combine high tech capability with practical application – resulting in a real, positive impact for our customers.
We are seeking someone who is collaborative, detail-oriented and motivated to solve mysteries in debugging software. As a Software Quality Assurance Engineer, you will straddle worlds – having to become intimately familiar with how the software is used, but also understand the underlying code. You will utilize both manual testing and automated testing on all new builds of our software applications. You will work as part of our software team and will participate in our agile software development life cycle.
Flowstate is headquartered in Casper, Wyoming. We are working to build a tech company here in the Rocky Mountain West; this position can be filled remotely, but preference will be given to local candidates.
- Work with software development team and product management to plan test cases for software changes, including acceptance criteria as needed
- Design, build, maintain and execute automated and manual test cases, test scenarios and test scripts including regression tests, functional tests, and data tests
- Conduct regression testing of all new development as well as changes to 3rd party components
- Assist with unit and integration testing for all newly developed code
- Support troubleshooting of the above as necessary
- Prioritize testing activities
- Update management regularly on the progress of testing activities
- Work with the development team to resolve software bugs/defects
- Track issues accurately and effectively
- Generate and report on test metrics
- Create documentation as needed
Additional Tasks May Include
- Attend planning meetings and read necessary documentation to understand what needs to be tested
- Support the set-up, install, configuration, & verification testing of software applications including Site Acceptance Testing or User Acceptance Testing
- Provide customer support as needed
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- AS/BS degree in appropriate technology field or a graduate of a full stack software/coding bootcamp.
- 2-4 Years in a Software Test or Quality Assurance role.
- Experience in various programming languages (Python, Angular)
- Basic knowledge of SQL such as the ability to run queries, and filter, modify and sort data is a plus
- Experience identifying and solving software bugs
- Interest in learning new technologies
- Ability to identify, troubleshoot, and resolve basic computer & technology system malfunctions and operations problems
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
- Familiarity with field monitoring and data acquisition systems (PLCs, SCADA, networking etc.)
- Previous experience using Open Platform Communication software applications (Kepware, Matricon, Ignition, OAS etc.)
- Experience working on and Agile software development team.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
- You’d love the excitement of a startup with the benefits of an established company (health, vision/dental, flex spending, 401k, and more).
- You would enjoy working in modern office with a collaborative, flexible work environment.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and engaging with customers.
If you are looking for a challenging technical career and a small city way of life – we want to hear from you.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.