Are you interested in being part of a team working to create innovative products and solve challenging problems? Do you like taking on the challenge of learning new tools and developing new skills on the fly? Would you enjoy being part of a dynamic, start-up business environment? If so, we may have an opportunity for you!
Flowstate is looking for a data science intern that will provide support to our software, research and development, and operations teams. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing and visualizing large data sets, developing custom algorithms, and building machine learning models. This will require knowledge in data science and machine learning processes as well as skills in programming, statistics, and software engineering. Working in a start-up environment, you will also need to work as a core member of a small team in a highly collaborative and agile software environment
APPROXIMATE JOB TASKS
- Research and develop custom data models and algorithms
- Build, train, and test ML/DL models
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Analyze and visualize large, complex data sets
- Monitor performance of models and retrain as necessary
- Develop reusable code bases with accompanying documentation and test data
- Work with production team to implement algorithms, processes, and/or models
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- At least 2 years completed in degree program for Computer Science, Data Science, or related technical discipline
- Experience with Python and any of the following scientific computing and ML/DL libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Tensorflow, PyTorch, and Scikit-Learn
- Experience building and evaluating ML/DL models
- Experience applying and/or developing algorithms based in statistical analysis
- Ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets with frequent data quality issues
- Demonstrated personal initiative and strong ownership of deliverables
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Ability to work in a team
- Resourcefulness in learning necessary skills to complete a task
This internship will offer a unique view into data science, research and development, commercial software development, and working in a start-up environment.
This will be a paid position and can be full or part-time. The position can be remote.
Applicants must be US citizens.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.