Are you interested in being part of a team working to create innovative products and solve challenging problems? Do you like taking on the challenge of learning new tools and developing new skills on the fly? Would you enjoy being part of a dynamic, start-up business environment? If so, we may have an opportunity for you!
Flowstate is looking for a fall semester intern that will provide support to our software, research and development, and operations teams. The primary focus of this position will be work on our data visualization tools, although tasks may range from the well-defined to the random and spontaneous.
APPROXIMATE JOB TASKS
This internship may evolve to adjust to our needs, but job tasks will be similar to the following:
- Maintain existing and create new data visualization dashboards for both Flowstate internal use as well as for Flowstate’s customers
- Optimize and build solutions to access and deliver data across multiple sources
- Help troubleshoot and diagnose issues in Flowstate’s data visualization suite
- Perform regular and ad-hoc data analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Research new capabilities offered in visualizations packages and make recommendations for implementation as appropriate
- Create documentation of data visualization tools
- Adopt in-house analytical tools and provide new features and updates as needed
- Become familiar with the software development cycle and help to manage associated tasks
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with or ability to learn data visualization tools (Grafana, Looker, Microsoft Power BI)
- Familiarity with or ability to learn SQL querying
- Familiarity with or ability to learn structured databases (e.g. PostgreSQL) and semi-structured data (e.g JSON)
- Familiarity with or ability to learn cloud architectures (Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services) and scalable data storage services (Azure Data Lake, etc.)
- Proficiency with Windows Office suite of products
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team
- Resourcefulness in learning necessary skills to complete a task
This internship will offer a unique view into commercial software development, customer support, and working in a start-up environment.
This will be a paid, part-time position, estimated at 10-20 hours/week.
Apply by emailing email@example.com
Applicants must be US citizens.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.