Are you interested in being part of a team working to create innovative products and solve challenging problems? Do you like taking on the challenge of learning new tools and developing new skills on the fly? Would you enjoy being part of a dynamic, start-up business environment? If so, we may have an opportunity for you! Flowstate is looking for a summer intern that will provide support to our software, research and development, and operations teams. Tasks may range from the well-defined to the random and spontaneous. We need someone ready to bring a creative problem-solving approach to all of the above.
APPROXIMATE JOB TASKS
This internship may evolve to adjust to our needs, but job tasks will be similar to the following:
- Perform regular and ad-hoc data analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Adopt in-house analytical tools and provide new features and updates as needed
- Assist with software testing – testing new features and occasional debugging
- Create documentation of software functionality
- Become familiar with the software development cycle and help to manage associated tasks
PREFERRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Familiarity with Object Oriented Programming (OOP) concepts
- Familiarity with or ability to learn Python, C#, SQL querying, and database usage (e.g. PostgreSQL)
- Familiarity with or ability to learn data visualization tools
- Proficiency with Windows Office suite of products
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Resourcefulness in learning necessary skills to complete a task
This internship will offer a unique view into data science, research and development, commercial software development, and working in a start-up environment.
This will be a paid, part-time position, estimated at 10-20 hours/week. The position can be remote.
Applicants must be US citizens.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.