Can be remote, but candidate should be in the Rocky Mountain region
Flowstate is building engineering software that leverages the capabilities of Big Data and Machine Learning to raise the bar in pipeline leak detection – keeping pipelines safer and the environment cleaner. Collaborating closely with industry experts, we are working to deliver solutions that combine high tech capability with practical application – resulting in a real, positive impact for our customers.
We are looking for an experienced, full-stack software engineer with solid programming skills and experience producing commercial software. The Senior Software Developer will work within a software development team while working with product owners and research & development team.
- Coordinate with internal teams to understand and define user requirements and provide technical solutions
- Participate in code reviews with staff as necessary to ensure a high quality, performant product
- Assess and prioritizing client feature requests
- Develop both back-end components as well as user-facing elements.
- Create well designed, efficient, testable & maintainable code
- Contribute to all aspects of the software development process:
- Software architecture and design
- Object-oriented development
- Unit testing/test-driven development
- Integration testing
- Post-deployment production support and troubleshooting
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related field.
- 2-5 years Python Back-End Development required. Familiarity with data analysis libraries like NumPy and Pandas a plus.
- Proficient in C++
- Ability to integrate multiple data sources into a single system.
- Familiarity with testing tools.
- Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment to create top-performing interfaces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with databases including Redis, PostgreSQL
- Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple milestones and projects efficiently
- Experience working on and Agile software development team
- Excited to be part of a small, highly productive team
- Located in Rocky Mountain Region
Why You Should Join Us
- You’d love the excitement of a startup with the benefits of an established company (health, flex spending, 401k, and more).
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and engaging with customers.
If you are looking for a challenging technical career and a small city way of life – we want to hear from you.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.