We are looking for an experienced, full-stack software engineer with leadership experience that can grab the reins on our beta product and help drive it to commercialization. This will require a strong working knowledge in multiple facets of software development. This person will work closely with our leadership team as well as our industry partners to develop requirements, and take the lead on development efforts. This will require both task/team management as well as various development tasks.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE WILL HAVE
- An ability to prioritize – both high level objectives and day to day tasks
- A balance of creativity and technical know-how
- Excellent organization and problem solving skills
- Openness to new ideas/approaches
- Excited to be part of a small, highly productive team
RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
- Analyze user needs to derive software design and performance requirements.
- Create well designed, testable, efficient & maintainable code
- Develop and execute test procedures for software components
- Assist in preparation and production of releases
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of various system resources
- Investigate alternatives and technologies to support continuous improvement
- Create a budget and timeline for development efforts
- Mange efforts across multidisciplinary and contract teams.
- Maintain a top-notch development skills by keeping current with state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, computing equipment, etc.
- Recommend/provide necessary mentoring and training for your team.
- Help to grow the team by assisting with recruiting and hiring.
- BS/BA or greater in software engineering or similar program
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in software development with some leadership experience
- Full-stack software developer, including knowledge of:
- databases (PostgreSQL, REDIS) & data storage strategies (Azure Data Lake)
- programming languages (Python, C++)
- machine learning framework (IBM Watson Machine Learning , TensorFLow)
- user interface (.net, Angular)
- container technologies (ie. Docker)
- APIs and integrations
- An understanding of licensing solutions (e.g. FlexLM, FlexNet)
- Experience with commercial development including agile processes and source code control systems
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
- You’d love the excitement of a startup with the benefits of an established company (health, flex spending, 401k, and more).
- You would enjoy working in modern office with a collaborative, flexible work environment.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and engaging with customers.
If you are looking for a challenging technical career and a small city way of life – we want to hear from you.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.