Are you interested in being part of a team working to create innovative products and solve challenging problems? Do you like taking on the challenge of learning new tools and developing new skills on the fly? Would you enjoy being part of a dynamic, start-up business environment? If so, we may have an opportunity for you! Flowstate is looking for a summer intern that will provide support to our software, research and development, and operations teams. Tasks may range from the seemingly mundane to random and spontaneous. We need someone ready to bring a creative problem-solving approach to any of the above.
APPROXIMATE JOB TASKS
This internship may evolve somewhat to adjust to our needs, but job tasks will be similar to the following
- Perform regular and ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Adopt in-house analytical tools and provide new features and updates as needed
- Assist with software testing, testing new features and occasional debugging
- Create documentation of software functionality
- Help maintain online content including updates to company website
- Become familiar with the software development cycle and help to manage associated tasks
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Many tasks will be doable with some on-the-job training, but applicants should have the following qualifications:
- Basic knowledge of Python, SQL querying, and database usage
- Familiarity with or ability to learn visualization tools such as Grafana
- Proficiency with Windows Office suite of products
- Solid problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a team
- Resourcefulness in learning necessary skills to complete a task
This internship will offer a unique view into commercial software development, customer support, and working in a start-up environment.
This will be a part-time position, estimated 10-20 hours/week.
Applicants must be US citizens.