Flowstate is looking for a Junior Data Scientist to help build technologies that will enable us to analyze, monitor, and model IoT sensor data as part of our computational leak detection system. In this role, you will be responsible for analyzing and visualizing large data sets, developing custom algorithms, and building machine learning models. This will require proficiency in data science and machine learning processes as well as skills in programming, statistics, and software engineering. Working in a start-up environment, you will also need to work as a core member of a small team in a highly collaborative and agile software environment. This role will report to the VP of Technology.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Research and develop custom data models and algorithms
- Build, train, and test ML/DL models
- Process, clean, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis
- Perform ad-hoc analysis and present results in a clear manner
- Analyze and visualize large, complex data sets
- Monitor performance of models and retrain as necessary
- Develop reusable code bases with accompanying documentation and test data
- Work with production team to implement algorithms, processes, and/or models
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical discipline
- Experience with Python and any of the following scientific computing and ML/DL libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Tensorflow, PyTorch, and Scikit-Learn
- Experience building and evaluating ML/DL models
- Experience applying and/or developing algorithms based in statistical analysis
- Ability to mine and analyze large, complex data sets with frequent data quality issues
- Demonstrated personal initiative and strong ownership of deliverables
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team
- Experience with time series based sensor data
- Experience working with databases such as DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redis
- Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization
- Experience with source code repository tools such as Git, GitHub, BitBucket, etc.
- Experience with Linux
- Proficiency in visualizing large data sets
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
- You’d love the excitement of a startup with the benefits of an established company (health, flex spending, 401k, and more).
- You would enjoy working in modern office with a collaborative, flexible work environment.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and engaging with customers.
If you are looking for a challenging technical career and a small city way of life – we want to hear from you.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.