Flowstate is looking for a mid to senior level Data Scientist to help build our next generation of IoT monitoring and pipeline leak detection technologies. In this role, the candidate will be responsible for leading and contributing to Research & Development projects from inception through implementation. This will involve defining research objectives and deliverables, developing custom algorithms, building and evaluating machine learning (ML/DL) models, performing data analysis, generating visualizations, and presenting findings/actions to team and stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have proven professional experience developing and implementing ML/DL technologies, working with Big Data, the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively, and a strong sense of personal initiative.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Define R&D project objectives, scope, and deliverables aligned with business needs
- Enhance our technical solutions with the latest machine learning algorithms/architectures
- Build, train, test, and deploy ML/DL models
- Design and develop custom data models, algorithms, and automated solutions
- Analyze and visualize large, complex data sets
- Produce and present the technical findings and actions of each project
- Develop reusable code bases with accompanying documentation and test data
- Work with software development team to implement algorithms, processes, and/or models
JOB SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- M.S. in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or related technical discipline
- 5-10+ years industry experience as a Data Scientist
- Expertise with Python and any of the following scientific computing and ML/DL libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- Experience building and evaluating ML/DL models and architectures
- Experience with predictive modeling, algorithmic development, and prototyping
- Ability to mine, analyze, and visualize large, complex data sets of variable data quality
- Experience working with databases such as DB2, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and Redis
- Experience with Linux
- Demonstrated personal initiative and strong ownership of deliverables
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with time series-based sensor data
- Experience in application deployment, virtualization, and containerization
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US
- You’d love the excitement of a startup with the benefits of an established company (health, flex spending, 401k, and more).
- You would enjoy working in modern office with a collaborative, flexible work environment.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and engaging with customers.
If you are looking for a challenging technical career and a small city way of life – we want to hear from you.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.