We are seeking a data engineer that will be responsible for building a robust, integrated data infrastructure for Flowstate’s solutions. This position will collaborate with our software engineering and data science teams to help maintain and improve existing data solutions as well as play an integral part in designing and implementing new solutions. In addition to database work, the ideal applicant will also be well versed in software development and backend service integration.
- Design and develop new data management solutions
- Maintain and enhance the performance of existing databases solutions
- Monitor data and related systems to ensure optimized performance.
- Execute data migrations using ETL processes
- Perform database maintenance tasks such as creating database backup and recovery plans, performance monitoring, and database tuning (performance).
- Adhere to best practices in securely storing, backing up, and archiving data
- Install, upgrade and manage database servers
- Design new databases based on company needs, data storage needs, and the number of users accessing the database
- Writing new support programs and scripts to increase data storage capacity.
- Document processes related to database design, configuration, and performance.
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in database engineering and help apply them to existing solutions
- Assess and cultivate long-term strategic goals for data management
Software Development Responsibilities
- Design and build data-driven applications using object-oriented software languages such as Python or R
- Focus on Database interaction and data operations (CRUD)
- REST service development
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum BS degree in Computer Science or related field
- 2+ years of experience working in Data Science, Data Engineering or Database Administration
- Firm knowledge of relational databases databases, including PostgreSQL, Microsoft SQL Server, and DB2
- In-depth knowledge of Structured Query Language (SQL)
- Extensive experience with database technologies and architecture
- Knowledgeable of data structures and associated performance
- Knowledge of coding languages (e.g. C++, Python, R) and frameworks/systems (e.g. AngularJS, Git).
- Experienced in data analysis
- Proficient with office and project management computer skills including some (if not all) of the following:
- office software tools (Google Docs, Microsoft Office);
- Scheduling, calendar and email applications (Outlook, Gmail)
- cloud-based collaboration, project and process management platforms like ClickUp, Slack, and Confluence
- web-based video conferencing tools (Zoom, GoToMeeting, WebEx, Microsoft Teams or Google Meet)
Preferred Education, Experience and/or Abilities
- Familiarity with Microsoft Azure services
- Experience with in-memory data structures (Redis)
- Experience with industrial computing, IIoT, networking, OPC and ODBC/SQL data communications
- Expertise with any of the following scientific computing and ML/DL libraries: Pandas, Numpy, Scipy, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Scikit-Learn, etc.
- Experience with cloud-based IoT platforms such as Azure IoT Data Hub or AWS IoT Gateway Connector
- Experience in software package installation, network administration, database administration
- Creative, analytical, and driven
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Ability to handle client and customer issues tactfully and professionally
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced work environment
- Enjoys complex problem-solving and collaboration
Why You Should Join Us
- You’d love the excitement of a startup with the benefits of an established company (health, flex spending, 401k, and more).
- You would enjoy working in modern office with a collaborative, flexible work environment.
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and engaging with customers.
If you are looking for a challenging technical career and a small city way of life – we want to hear from you.
We are not currently sponsoring visas for this position. References may be requested. Applicants not having the required skills may not receive a response.